Ethernet not so good.

I got an Asante Nubus ethernet card for my Quadra 840AV because the built-in card is not supported. (I can't get over how backwards that is!) The system detects the card now, but it functions really poorly. I know that the card is fine, because I use it in MacOS mode also. This new card is an improvement, because it is detected and I can ping myself successfully now, but in pinging myself, I get an average time of about 0.9 ms (slow) and about 10% packet loss. Also, I still can't ping anything else on my network. I am a total newbie user and probably just configured it wrong.

Please help me in my endless mudding.

bacterium@home.com