pseudo-maintainer's package unhappy on m86k

Hi,

I maintain the Xevil package that Christian filed a bug on for not working
on m86k (#46485).  It looks like a simple issue, but one that ought to be
fixed by someone with access to a m86k machine.  Upstream will be
receptive to the patch.  I'm unable to find anyone I know with a m86k box,
and don't have access to Debian's (the new-maintainer team stopped making
accounts).  I don't mind fixing it, though I am unfamiliar with the 86k
port timetable - will it be important to have Xevil fixed before the
new-maintainer team decides to start functioning?  If so, can anyone do
the fix or give me ssh access to their m86k machine?  Thanks.

-Ben