Re: Sudo

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Edward S. Baiz Jr. wrote:

> >BTW, you did think of the obvious, to startx as root? Then you should have
> >no tproblems running xcdroast...
>
> Hmmm?? That should work. Do you mean startx in the All statement?
>
> I got it working. I put in the statement: edward All=(All) All. I guess
> I should add the NPPASSWD like you did. Still, I get the message from
> xcdroast that I do not have Generic SCSI support. I guess this is it's
> problem. I did not compile my kernel. Another Hades owner did it. How
> do I find out if my kernel has Generic SCSI support? If not, how do I
> added it?

generic scsi uses the sg driver for devices /dev/sg*

if its compiled in, doing
# dmesg | less
go down to the scsi section and it should list it

if its not compiled in
# insmod sg

If its not compiled in or as a module, your going to have to recompile the
kernel, although there are ways to compile just 1 driver.

Justin