Re: X11

> > I consider this trivial.
> And still, people ask this. Ok, it was the first time, how often does it
> have to come until its a FAQ?

What we need is not a FAQ but a little intro to Unix commands (ls, cp, mv,
ln). And a short guide to using the man pages. I refuse to explain usage
of ln, that's all.

Ok, the concept of 'devices' might be helpful as well. There's loads of books
on Linux system administration. There have always been books on that topic
(since 1993 at least). Linux installation _is_  system administration.
Making the installation as easy as possible doesn't change any of this
(and the lack of tools like Xautoconfig or linuxconf doesn't help either).