Debian/m68k FAQ

Debian/m68k Frequently Asked Questions
Christian T. Steigies
06.11.1999

This FAQ was written, so that nobody has to answer the "where is XF86Config"
question again. Every further question of this kind will be considered as a
personal insult.

Q: xfree does not start, since there is no XF86Config
A: copy the file /usr/doc/xserver-common/examples/XF86Config.eg to /etc/X11
   and rename it to XF86Config. DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!!! It will work out of
   the box. You do not have to specify your monitor frequencies here, since
   the framebuffer xserver does not change the current video mode.  If xfree
   does not work with this config file, you are probably using a video mode
   with <> 256 colors.  Then, and only then, you edit the screen section in
   the config file and enter the screen depth you are using. The standard
   depth in the eg file is 8 bit (256 colors), change the depth _and_ the
   default depth to your needs.

Q: why is there no xf86config/XF86Setup?