Re: Testing glibc2.1

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Roman Hodek wrote:

> So: PLEASE, PLEASE !! We need some volunteers to test glibc2.1 ! We
> can't stay with glibc2.0 forever, and there's a bunch of packages (16)
> already that don't compile anymore under 2.0 (including python, exim,
> transfig, ...).
add xfree to that list... besides I do have to keep quite a lot of packages
on hold to prevent major havok by a package which wants to remove glibc or
worse...
Is it possible to undo the installation of glibc2.1 safely? Maybe I'd better
install in on a seperate partition... it might be worth to try it for the
sake of xfree, there is not much input from the maintainer...

> The packages are available in project/experimental of any Debian
> mirror or in
>
>   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/puib/Linux/LOCAL/Debian-support/m68k-glibc2.1-test
                              pub

Ciao,
Christian.