Re: Which JVM can I use?

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Thomas Adams wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 10:06:17AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> >  Suggests: java-virtual-machine
> >  ^^^^^^^^^ I think he was talking about this one. Yes, he should read the
> > developers reference.
>
> His dselect didn't let him install it, period. He is not silly, he could read
> and understand what the puter wrote. It wasn't a matter of just typing "Q",
> believe me.
Oups, sorry if you understood me that way. I did not mean that "he" is
silly, its just the developers reference should explain a lot. I just looked
up the dependencies for guavac and, as Michael said, there is no dependency
on JVM, just a suggests. If you still can not install it, I guess it is a
bug, in guavac, in dpkg or something else. And bugs should be reported. Its
not good if you count all the bugs, silently for yourself and some day come
to the conclusion, ah, this system is crap, there are so many bugs and they
are not fixed. Only bugs which are reported have a chance to be fixed.
But probably this is again too much interpretation, so to cut it short, if you
come across a bug in debian/m68k, report it. Mail it to this list if you
think its a m68k bug, or if you think its a general debian bug, use the bug
tracking system, or use both or whatever. We can only fix something when we
know its not working. How to use the BTS and how debian works is explained
in the developers reference and in other debian documentation files.
As I was trying to explain yesterday, debian/m68k users are responsible for
finding/reporting bugs. This is not debian/i386 where there are more
developers than users ;-) (probably not, but I hope you get my point)

Ciao,
Christian.