Re: on board ethernet (Sonic) on Quad's

Michael,

    Ok, and thanks for the quick response.  I thought I had actually seen
it work on the Q650, but in trying the different kernels I seem to have
lost track of that one that did work!  :(  If I remember correcly it was
one of 2.1.120, or was it .121?  I did recently try one of 2.1.131, but
not sure of the date...it didn't work either.  Did find it tho'  Most of
the kernels of 2.0.33 that I've tried don't even find it, except for the
last few, that apparently were those where you were working on.

    This little tad of info may be helpful too, and that is, IF the probe
finds the Asante card, it will NOT see the Sonic device ON ANY MACHINE,
including the Q700, where it will see the Sonic IF the Asante isn't there!
In fact, I think thats why some of these kernels NEVER find it on the
Q650,
because right at the moment thats where the Asante is.  Since my Debian is
on an external drive, I use the exact same system on the Q700, just by
moving the SCSI chain over to it.  And, it finds it, where it doesn't even
try to look for it on the 650 (the scan for the Sonic never outputs the
message that its looking for the internal ethernet IF it has found the
other card 1st on the NuBus).

    And for Jason; yes, on my Q650, NetBSD does work with the Sonic.  I
think its 1.3.2 of their stuff. (Haven't run it since I put Debian on...)
So there must be some source out there that has it worked out, at least
for some models.

I don't have the source here, or enough disk for it right now...

Thanks again...
Paul