Solution: Amiboot not executable from CD

On Mar 04, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> It's possible the flags to mkisofs/mkhybrid are removing the Unix x bits,
> or that your Amiga CD-ROM driver has to have the Amiga-specific Rock Ridge
> extensions for a file to recognize it as executable.  The former is easily
> fixable, the latter is impossible to fix without hacking mkhybrid.

OK, the actual problem is: in amigainstall.lha, amiboot is mode 600.
So, after unpacking it you need to do a ``chmod +x amiboot-5.6'', or
else you don't get an executable file on the CD.  Then you can use the
mkhybrid -r option (the "rational permissions" option) to make the CD
without problems.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |                My home page:               |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.    |   Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:   |
|  University of Mississippi   |   <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>   |