Re: Amiga HArd Disk on intel linux platform

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 10:59:30PM +0100, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to use the an Hard disk that I use in a
> dual boot system (AmigaOS and Linux) on a Linus/intel system. I tried but the
> partition table is not recognized from the linux/intel.
>
> Should I activate someting in the kernel setup? I had a look at 2.2.3 on intel
> but I didn't find a solution.

Include 'Support for foreign partition tables' in the kernel configuration,
and select Amiga partition support from the available foreign partition
formats.

If that option is missing in your 2.2 kernel source, 1) blame Linus, 2) use
the m68k kernel source.

If you want to access the AmigaOS partitions, include AFFS filesystem
support as well. Again, the above caveat applies. (And I said 'blame', not
'flame' :-)