A small question

*··· hi,*

I know that strictly this is the wrong list to write to about Intel/clone versions of Linux, but seeing
as this is a quickie, i figured nobody would mind too much. What i would like to know is if i got a PC (i haven`t got enough money to bring my Amiga up to spec), and wanted to install Linux straight
off onto a blank HD (i.e. no Window$ partition to clutter things up), which distribution is best to
start out with - Red Hat or another brand?

Because i`m quite new to the Linux scene, i have no idea as to which distribution gives you:

a) the most apps on CD
b) the best setting up system (i.e. easy to do)

Thanks in advance,

later,
*stoO*
--