Re: slink apt dselect probs

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, David, Kelly-Lynn & Rowyn wrote:

>     I've installed slink from scratch, got it all installed, booted off the
> HD, got thru the startup stuff up until it offers to run dselect with a
> preset set of packages.
> I got my ppp link running, update runs fine, install is where it goes awry.
> that when it tells me dependancies have not been met that I require libc6
> kbd-data perl-base.
> I've got the latest versions of all of them, even a 'apt-get -f install
> libc6 kbd-data perl-base' tells me the same thing does no update, but
> dselect fails on the Install.
> any ideas? how can I fix this?
Are you sure you have all the files? And are you sure you have a correct
Packages.gz file? There was, hmm, a problem with the ftp server over the
weekend, several files have been removed, They should be back again by now
(xserver-fbdev and many more were gone. Yesterday all of non-US was gone).
This can happen when you try to install a not yet released debian version
;-)

Ciao,
Christian.