[help] configuring Netatalk

First of all, thanks a lot to every one who helped me solve my previous
problem (that is, mounting a CD under Linux on a Centris 650).

My next problem is: configuring Netatalk on the same machine. I did a
"dselect" installation, so I suppose Netatalk was more or less installed
onto the hard disk.

I found some help files on the net, but they were a bit too advanced for
a novice user, and all of them included instructions on compiling the
software, configuring system-level stuff etc. After trying out some of
the tips I once again have to ask for advice from everybody on the list.

Does anybody know how to do it?