Re: NEWS for debian-boot

> > That's all very well, but if we're going to provide binary packages for
> > people then we should be consistent across platforms. And that includes
> > non-free, contrib and non-US IMHO.
>
> The people running the build daemons believe that the main stuff
> should be the top priority; I can't argue with them on that point at
> least.

As a buildd operator, I just can say "yes" :-) We're busy enough
keeping the free software up to date, so we don't care much about
non-main packages.

Non-main packages are built only occasionally by people that want to
have those packages, so they're often not ported at all or rather
outdated. Of course important things like pgp and ssh in non-US are
recompiled rather regularily.

Roman