Re: NEWS for debian-boot

On Jan 17, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> In general, how are you supporting floppyless install (if at all) on
> non-bootable platforms (like atari?).  I know that on Amiga and Atari,
> generally they use OS-dependant loaders.

I suppose amigainstall.lha and atariinstall.lzh (and whatever the Mac
stuff is) could be pre-unpacked on Disc 1.  This would allow a
no-disk-except-CD-ROM install... I think.  I'll have to double-check
the installation guides though.

Alternatively the usual course of action is:
  . Copy the floppy images to a hard disk you can access from both
    Linux and your native OS.
  . Unpack the install kit there.
  . Follow the installation instructions from Franky or Michael.

***

Things that need to be on the m68k CD that aren't elsewhere;
preferably easy to find...

0. Boot floppy packages.  VMElilo.  (It's in base, but you also need
   it outside a .deb where it can be used.)
1. Debian install guides for m68k.
2. Linux/m68k FAQ.
3. Native-OS versions of gzip and tar?  [Are these needed to install?]
4. [...?] <- Am I missing anything?

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:               |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|     Amiga A4000/060 with      |    Join the party that opposed the CDA    |
|      Linux/m68k 2.1.127       |             http://www.lp.org/            |