Re: installing xfree86

>That's easy to fix, and a fix has been posted to this list and the newsgroup
>numerous times. In short, you need to create /dev/adbmouse (char device,
>major 10, minor 10) and symlink it to /dev/mouse.

so I set up the mouse and gpm_1.13-5.deb gave me the chance to test it - it
works. a small square follows my mousemovements.
using the vmlinux-2.0.33pl1-981227.gz kernel I see a gray screen and an x
in the middle of it, but after 5 seconds the scren disappears and i am back
in the shell.
can someone using a quadra 605 and a VGA monitor using 640x480 sent me a
XF86Config file?
how can i save the shell output?

W.O.