RE: XFree Install

Moin,
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> It's not critical for hamm anymore, should go to unstable. _If_ you can
> find the source diff, that is.
Yup, found it, it was "hidden" in the new (more logical) directory
structure.
Building and installing works without problems, but when I start X
(with startx ;-) as I allways did, fvwm2 seems not to be running and X seems
to be monocrome. That is when I start fvwm2 by hand, I have only two colors.
When I start xdm, everything is normal, I got a fvwm2, got my clock, many
(16?) colors. Just like it was with the old X I previously used (-1.0.1).
Has something severely changed? I want to stay with startx here, that is as
long as I got no resonable display. I should check if this is the same
behaviour as on i386...
I cant find the World.log and Install.log files anymore... its all now in
the main and only logfile?

Uploaded xfree to my homedir on master and kullervo and apserver. Including
the huge logfile.
Why should it go to unstable only? hamm is done, no chance to update the
missing packages anymore? Just a technical question, if I upload something
with frozen unstable in it, will the install daemon (or Guy) choke on it?
I have vrweb lying aroung somewhere here... James, can you hear me, have you
updated debbuild to the new situation allready?

Ciao,
Christian.