New kernel's for Mac..

New kernel's from both 2.0.33pl1 and 2.1.120 have been posted to the
site I've been watching...here's a short rundown on what I've found
with both..

2.0.33pl1 (build date 11/20/98)

  This kernel still does not function on the network.  Ping works,
but nothing else does (no telnet, no ftp, etc), BUT, iptraf does work
in monitoring traffic on the ethernet when set to promiscuous mode.
I've tried it on three different Mac's; Quadra 650, Quadra 700, and
Quadra 840.  This is using the Asante NuBus etherent card.

  It still does not properly find the hardware address for the builtin
controller (the sn device).  Sees it as Sonic, but reads the hardware
address as an ILLEGAL MAC address, which is read as a different address
on each boot.

  Telnet sets up the connection, but nothing else.  Ie, it says trying..
Connected to...and the Escape char lines all appear, but thats it.  It
hangs there forever.  The same behavior results when doing an ftp.

  The interesting thing about this is that iptraf DOES display network
activity.

  This behavior is essentially the same as the kernel build date 9/26.

2.1.120 (build date 10/14/98)

  Here, this kernel is broken!  1st boot did come up, but any attempt
to use the network results in a stack dump, and the console message
"Scheduling in interrupt" forever!  Also, several boots failed at the
partition check of the SCSI disks...after several reset attempts, it
dies.

  The kernel 2.1.120 #14 (dated 9/24/98) works fine, except it also
does read the sn device address as an ILLEGAL MAC address, and about
every 3rd or 4th boot, will die immediately thereafter.  Otherwise, it
does work on the network using the Asante NuBus controller card.  The
kernel modules are not available with this kernel as they are for 2.0.33.

  The kernel 2.0.33 (dated 9/26/98) works, but the network stuff does
not (other than ping).

Paul