Re: hang up when mounting root fs.

Masato Taruishi wrote:
> > Most likely. LC040 machines won't work until someone writes a FPU
> > emulator.
> >
> > (It's all in the FAQ ...)
>
> Yes, I know that, but I wonder if the kernel uses floating point
> for mount process.

The kernel doesn't. It mounts the root filesystem fine amd fails
starting init (rather, init dies immediately). init is a user space
application, and libc is chock full of FPU instructions (do a objdump -d
on libc and grep for fsave, frestore, fmov*, fmul/div/add/cmp and so
on). You never get to mount anything from user space, without init no
other processes are ever run.