SCSI Ethernet Solution for 68k Linux?

Hello all,

  I've just signed on to the debian-68k list, because I recently found
approx. 15
"Asante mini en/sc-10T" SCSI-->Ethernet adaptors at a local computer
surplus
store. These have a DB-25 Mac-style SCSI connector and a 10-baseT
connector.  The surplus store is selling them for $50 Canadian, which is
really
cheap. Asante has variations on this adaptor, which I suspect are
similar enough
from a software standpoint, still in production.

  From reading the linux and Atari newsgroups, it seems that there is a
real
lack of a good Ethernet solution for all 68k-based Linux machines. I
have
Debian/GNU on my TT and would really like to have an Ethernet connection
for
it.

  I'm quite proficient in C and 68k assembler, but I'm rather
inexperienced in Linux
driver development (read: I haven't done it ever!), and my knowledge of
Ethernet & SCSI
programming is nearly nil. So...

  I'd like to propose to the developers on this list: if someone who
*does* have experience
in these areas would like to take a stab at writing drivers for the
Asante line of adaptors,
I will buy you one of these adaptors and send it to you, free of charge.
In exhange, all I
ask is that we get a driver for it! (All of us, that is).

  There is a guy who has already started gathering info for these
adaptors, but with the
aim of writing drivers for Atari GEM/TOS and MiNT. However, I think the
potential usefulness
is much larger for the Linux community; a generally written driver
family for these devices
would give access to Ethernet for Atari, Amiga, Mac and any other
Debian/GNU box with
a SCSI bus.

  If there aren't any takers, I'll still pick up a few adaptors and
start learning driver development
myself, but it will take a lot longer...

   Please reply with your thoughts/comments here or to me via email.
Thanks!

 -Russ Magee
  rmagee@audesi.com