Re: debian install help (whither Quadra-SCSI 2.0.33pl1?)

Hi,

>> You have to use a 2.0.33pl1 kernel. Or just ignore the modules; the
>> 2.1.105 kernel doesn't use modules. 2.0.33pl1 doesn't support your SCSI.
>
>Which reminds me: Have you had a chance to try cooking up another
>2.0.33 kernel with working SCSI support or (when last you spoke of
>it) debugging code, so we can try it out and report the results?

No. I've had fun trying to prepare Debian for installation on my PC, and
there's another SCSI problem with the old Macs. No time to work on things I
can't test anyway at the moment.

>In the 2.0.33pl1-980822 kernel, there was no pause between the messages
>that it was "resetting and trying harder"... same as it was in the
>2.1.105 kernel, until you fixed that and SCSI suddenly worked in the
>2.1.105-980728 version.  That help any?  =)

Nope, but I've found a driver backup copy from July 26. If you want to play
with the source, I can send a diff.