RE: Installation Confusion

Hi,

>1) The only directory I can find a mac68k intaller is
>      ...hamm/disks-m68k/1998-03-10/mac , I was a little bothered that
>      both the newer directory and the current/ directory have no mac
>      specific installers, is this worrying justified?

The Mac install floppy images are currently pending install, they should be in
2.0r2, due RSN.
In the meantime, get the Mac install kit from
ftp://wave.lm.com/pub/MacLinux/latest/

And please read the accompanying HTML documentation.

>2) Using the "resc1440-mac.bin" and my linuxppc box would dd'ing it onto a
>  floppy and trying to boot off the floppy work? or is the floppy drive
>  not supported?

Might work, but the kernel on that floppy is outdated. The install ramdisk is
equally outdated. You save yourself a lot of trouble not using them.

>3) If the floppy drive is not supported can I dd it onto a zip disk and
>   boot from that?

The floppy drive is supported to start the installation on the MacOS side.
For the other steps, see the install doc.

>4) Assuming I can boot the installer does the ftp install work reliably?
>Are there any little quirks I should be aware off?

FTP install worked for me (tested on Atari). Quirks to be aware of: the
keyboard config might fail if you have less than 10 MB RAM, workaround
described in the install doc.

>Also, if there is some doc that answers my questions please excuse me and
>don't reply nastily since I am searching the site as I write...

It's all on wave.lm.com, and should appear on the Debian FTP mirrors with
2.0r2.