Re: New Packages

Hi,

>> Re: boot floppies: Frank had prerelease versions I tested on Atari and Mac,
>> and the worked fine except for the keymap stuff. I hope that's fixed in the
>> release versions. I'll handcraft Mac boot floppies as soon as possible, but
>> they won't be distributed on CD now. No big deal, considering the experimental
>> state of the whole Mac kernel support.
>
>I'm sorry, but the currently uploaded stuff still has that keymap problem.
>I had no time yet to look into this, but will do so when I return from
>home on Sunday. Sorry.

I noticed. Here's a quick workaround that will at least keep dinstall happy
(somewhat):

Instead of using the 'configure keymap' step, use the console on VT #2,
do an 'echo "mac-us-ext.map.gz" > /tmp/kbdconf' and proceed with the
installation. (What exactly is required in this file, Frank?)

You'll have to answer questions about keyboard configuration again on the first
disk boot (Mac users won't find their keymaps there, for some reason) but the
kernel default map should be close enough to get on from there.