Re: New Packages

> > Hmmm... egcs is up-to-date as of yesterday.
>
> It isn't! On master (now, 11:00 GMT+0200), I find the following files
> matching "egcs" or "egcc" under the Incoming and under the archive:

Hmmm...  I looked for that (g++, actually, though it is the same as you
say) and was sure I saw the same version numbers.  My mistake.

> I.e., source, alpha, and i386 has -0.6, m68k has -0.5, and sparc -0.1.
> Is that up-to-date??

Alpha, sparc, and powerpc aren't being released and will be removed.

> > The samba update was actually a slip of the fingers on my part
>
> But we have to recompile it if we want to be uptodate...

My point was that if you didn't match exactly it wouldn't matter.

> But something else: I (we?) heard from James that the release should
> be near the end of the week, maybe the night between Thursday and
> Friday. This is still ~ 13 hours away... And then comes a mail "There
> are those packages to be updated (additional to the ones left from
> earlier), please have them ready in 4 hours." at Wed afternoon. How do
> you think we should do that? Our automatic system for telling us which
> packages need rebuilding has a delay of ~ 1 day, so even previous
> packages haven't been done (e.g. samba).

The date is correct.  However, there is supposed to be at least 24 hours
of complete stability before release in order for mirrors and CD makers
to get caught up.

> Either you let those packages we've uploaded after your deadline
> (about which we didn't know about until 4 hours before) into hamm, or
> we need some way to hold pressing of m68k CDs and upload them to
> stable or something else. AFAIK, there are even no current boot disks
> for m68k. Franky?

I did an m68k install last night before I went home, which is how xfree
made it in.  The release is now only 9 hours away so I can't do any more
of those.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )