Re: Qn re amiga linux install

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> >- then i sit at a blank install screen (all blue bar the Debian title and
> >the <up><down> footer). And nothing happens. Nothing overly interesting in
> >the logs on Virtual consoles 3 or 4 either... I left it there for about 15
> >minutes with nothing happeni ng.
>
> Looks similar to what happens after the base install for me. Did it install the
> kernel and modules? Using /target as source filesystem should be no problem;
> it's mounted already and dinstall should not attempt to unmount it.
>
> Try killing dinstall and see if it picks up the install where it left off.
Better try waiting longer, much longer. The only time I tried to install 2.0
from scratch I had the same problem, went back to 1.3 and upgraded all then,
but this is not what we want. I remember dimly that things like this also
happen on i386 (read about it and experienced myself). The solution was to
wait much much longer. I thought this "bug" was fixed in the meantime, or is
it only fixed on i386?
Sorry, I havent got the time and HD space to check out again myself, but
AFAIR this is/was a known problem which should have been fixed by now.

Ciao,
Christian.