Re: Qn re amiga linux install

Hiya,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> > Then I get an error "Unable to mount the Rescue Floppy" and on the
> > screen i also have:
>
> > affs_bmap(): No ext_cache!?
> > loop: block 0 not present
> > end_request: I/O error, dev 07:00, sector 0
> > FAT bread failed
> > Mount /dev/loop0 (type msdos) on /floppy: wrong filesystem type, or bad superblock on /dev/loop0
>
> Try to copy the rescue and drivers floppy to a linux partition (press
> alt-<F2> to get a shell) and then tell the script to mount them from
> there.

Here's what I did;

- Re-started machine and went through setup procedure (mounting swap and linux partitions)
- switch to new console window and
  mount -t affs /dev/sdb1 /mnt
  cd /mnt/linux
  cp *.bin /target
  ls -la /target (to make sure they're there and the right size etc
- select "mounted : already mounted filesystem"
- enter /target as the location of the debian archive
- then i sit at a blank install screen (all blue bar the Debian title and the <up><down> footer). And nothing happens. Nothing overly interesting in the logs on Virtual consoles 3 or 4 either... I left it there for about 15 minutes with nothing happening.

Any suggestions? I'm happy to get my hands a bit dirty if I can do some of the setup manually through a shell...

;-)
mark

--
Mark Dorset - VICNET