Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

On 10 Mar 1998, James Troup wrote:

> I'll add -uc to the dpkg-buildpackage call in debbuild; anyone using
> debbuild shouldn't notice the difference.
gimme a hint please, when its ready.

> There are lots of compiled but broken packages and other things todo,
> but I'll take that discussion to debian-68k... (as I've been meaning
> to for 24+ hours)
You got a (incomplete) list from me this morning what failed the last time.
Roman was not on it... for completeness I try to collect all which failed
for me:

gdb (serious?)
configure: error: *** Gdb does not support host m68k-unknown-linux-gnu
Configure in /home/cts/debian/gdb-4.16.85/gdb failed, exiting.

3dchess needs xaw3d, shall I install this and try again?

diald fails with parse errors

gimp, gtk need to install some packages, dunno which yet.

libcurses-perl
dpkg-deb: parse error, in file ^Debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control' near line 4
package libcurses-perl':

fsp: install: invalid user ftp

perlmagik
cc -c -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/magick -Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr
/local/include -O2    -DVERSION=\"1.15\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.15\" -fpic
-I/usr/lib/
perl5/m68k-linux/5.004/CORE  Magick.c

Recent logs are on apserver/debian-m68k/logs

I remember that lesstiff failed, smalleiffel but franky got it working.
gforth failed. Cant remember more right now.

I am about to make a m68k snapshot to get the current tools, but James' gtk
stuff and my recent uploads have no reached ftp.de yet...

As allready said, I will take glibc and kbd today. Waiting for further
proposals, I lost the overview which I have done allready and need to get
installed and which have got another update in the meantime...
Shall I also pick admin and base today? My ami needs something today
tomorrow during the daytime ;-)
Anything I have to be careful with? I'll skip dpkg. e2fs*, modutils commer2g
are ok to build? I think I havent had comm/ recently, a new ash is out. What
about oldlibs? The sources are seperate or "hidden" in other packages?

Ciao,
Christian.