Re: CD.

Hi,

>> That's one part of my concerns. So now you take the blame for things that break
>> (which isn't exactly easy to understand for the users because, after all,
>> you didn't compile everything), let's hope that helps. We'll see that, anyway.
>
>In Fact we are compiling "everything". One of our A4000T (060/50/80
>MB) is compileing all packages that have a dsc file. The script
>pipes all output of buildpackage into a logfiles (one for each
>package) and so far we have 19.6 MB of those logfiles (packed with
>bzip2 its ~1 MB).

Well, technically you're compiling everything. For what reason, I wonder.
Whatever.

>The compilation is done with egcs, so some packages that work with gcc
>might not compile (egcs is more strict in some things). I uploaded the

WHY???? Why not use gcc 2.7.2.3 or whatever is the most current stable
gcc release?? What egcs features do you need (that Debian/68k doesn't need,
obviously)??

ecgs is, for all I know, not a stable compiler, and it's definitely not advised
for e.g. kernel compilation. There's a reason why Debian sticks to gcc, I'm
sure.