Re: dchanges-3.3 comments and patch

Hi,
Juergen wrote:

[..]
> so the upload procedure is (corrected and simpliefied):
>  - build binary package
>  - run dchanges *.deb
>  - edit the changes file, so that the maintainer field
>    shows your name and adress. this field is (in the .changes
>    file) a misnomer, a better name would be Signed-by: or
>    Built-by:
>  - rename the changes file from *.changes to *.m68k.changes
>  - upload them to the intel upload area.

Thanks for the patch and summary.

> i've uploaded (without signing the .changes file)
>    dpkg-1.2.3elf.m68k.changes
>    dpkg-1.2.3elf.m68k.deb
>    dpkg-1.2.3elf.m68k.nondebbin.tar.gz
> to chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk (to use chiark cd to /pub/debian/private/project/
> and read the README.how-to-upload) and will tell you what'll happen.

[just checked - the files were still under alldone/, but not yet on
master]

When I read Guy's suggestion, I blushed - I really forgot about chiark, not
having used it for quite some time. In fact, at least from Oldenburg
connections to .uk are not all that bad - they are worse than Dresden,
but in evening hours I already got > 30 kBytes/sec., which is really
sufficient for me.

So I believe my proposal to move to Dresden as upload center should be..
hm..dumped. After all, if uploading/forwarding of m68k packages already
works via chiark without extra work for Ian, and if everyone else has
equally good connections to .uk, why should I dive into some extra work
just to make uploads slightly faster? I _do_ have enough work left. :-)

Thanks&sorry,
Frank