Re: uploading to m68k

On Sun, 9 Jun 1996, Guy Maor wrote:

> Anyway the script works fine on multiarchitecture uploads already.

ok, tomorrow i will try to upload the current dpkg to test it...
lets look what happens ;-))

> For example,  I think it [dchanges-3.3] has a bug
> producing binary only changes files, which is what you guys will
> produce, but there's a patch in bug report 3104.

i'll post the patch to debian-m68k tomorrow. with this change
dchanges works very nice, without it refuses to include the
Files-section, which is important.

> 1. Use dpkg-name to rename your deb files before uploading them.

never used dpkg-name, but i will try it.

> 2. Make sure your changes file has a unique name.  Start it with m68k or
> something else.

the binary packages are uploaded as
   hello-1.3-6.m68k.deb
so i would propose the coresponding changes file to be
   hello-1.3-6.m68k.changes
is this ok?

jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!