Re: Beta-test start (fwd)

> The boot disk will be different for each architecture, of course - so there
> will be bootdisk-amiga and bootdisk-atari, which will have to be created
> from scratch. We might use the help texts, though.

You should be able to use the tiny utility set in utilities/busybox . That
gives you about 30 Unix utilities for the root floppy. You should also be
able to use the libc-subset script I use in building the root floppy, which
removes everything except what is actually used by the executables on the
root floppy from libc so that libc itself will fit on the root floppy.

On the i386, the 1.1 compressed root floppy is currently 540223 bytes.
Unless 68k executables are a lot larger, that means it should fit on the
880K Amiga floppy.

Take a look at the rootdisk.sh script. Except for the filesystem
used and the entries that the base package puts in /dev, it should be
portable.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.5M domestic, $66M overseas and counting.