D68K: The next step...

llucius> Well, now that I've gone through "almost" all the debian
llucius> packages on master that I can, I'll be going back through the
llucius> bug reports that I've opened and anything that isn't being
llucius> worked on, I'll go ahead and correct it.  Most of the bug
llucius> reports have not even been acknowledged so I'm assuming that
llucius> the maintainer either doesn't have the time or the desire.

llucius> In the process I'll be fixing as many of the open bug reports
llucius> for the packages as I can (this may also involve upgrading to
llucius> the latest upstream).

llucius> If anyone has a problem with this or wants me to bypass any
llucius> particular packages, please let me know.  I don't want to
llucius> walk on any toes... B-)

Not really related to llucias' message, but I installed the
libc5_5.2.18-9.deb package from unstable/binary-m68k/base on my
machine.  I'd previously installed a (I believe self-made)
libc5-5.2.18-1.deb on my machine without problems.

The upshot is that installing libc5_5.2.18-9.deb killed my machine; no
new process could load the libc shared library.  I eventually repaired
myself by downloading a libc-5.3.12 image from uni-erlangen and
installing it "manually".  Most of the binaries on my system were
linked against 5.0.9, other than the ones which I had to recompile for
the new utmp format, which were linked against my 5.2.18.

I don't know if others have been able to get that deb archive to work,
but I thought that I'd point out my problem.

Regards,
 Hamish.