Re: Opening Weekend Ideas Wiki

Hi Jathan,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM, jathan <jathanblackred@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Hello. I have opened a wiki for DebConf15 Opening Weekend Ideas for
> suggest and organise activities with some initial proposals that I think
> could be good.
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany/OpeningWeekendIdeas

Thanks for your ideas.

I'd like you to keep in mind a couple of things.  The first is that we
don't decide the talks that will be presented.  The talks will be
submitted by potential speakers, and selected by the talks team, it's
not up to us to decide what they will be.

The second is that it's not the goal of the Opening Weekend to be an
event that is only interesting to people that are newcomers, but
rather, to make it interesting for everybody by selecting from the
submitted talks those that we consider will be the most interesting.

If you'd like to coordinate a "newbie" track, then that would mean
finding the right space and the right time for that, but it shouldn't
be the only thing happening during the Opening Weekend.

--
Besos,
Marga