Re: Scholarships

also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2014-09-10 02:18 +0200]:
> Long story short, I don't really want to force sponsors into the
> uncomfortable position of deciding how to split their funding
> between general DebConf sponsorship funds and diversity
> scholarships.

Some of us met last night and agreed that it's too late for the
scholarships to be listed as perks in the brochure, so we'll keep it
pretty much as we had it after our very productive discussion at
DC14 with Michael Meskes.

Yes, we do have outreach programmes for newbies and women. Maybe it
would be best to state that those exist (or that we just have
one "diversity outreach programme"), that we are open to
collaboration, but not list it as a perk?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16