Re: [Debconf-team] Planning the announcement of DC15's sponsorship drive

Hello Richard,

On 23.06.2014 14:37, Richard Hartmann wrote:

I think we should spam DPN, the -announces, reddit, friendly press
publications, etc once we have:

I think it is too early for such mass announcement. For groups in Europe and for sponsors it is be the right time, but I think it is too early for wide announcement: it will have little effect (and people will forget), and possibly it would confuse people (and recurring sponsors) about DC14 and DC15.

Note: sponsor looking is really a one to one discussion. Wide announcement have really no effect, also on large Debian=supporting companies.

ciao
	cate