Re: [Debconf-discuss] Summit discussion on Thursday, 11:00am (18:00 UTC)

Hello,

On 27.08.2014 00:26, martin f krafft wrote:
> as you may know, DC14 uses a new conference management system
> ("summit") and we are rather happy with it. But there are obviously
> aspects that need improvement.
>
> We will meet on Thursday at 11 in room 338 to discuss the future of
> Summit and DebConf.

I've few comments.

We have some problem on sso, people some are registering with both
debian and alioth, which cause some confusion.
Could we link debian and alioth accounts?
Should we improve the login page?

Maybe we should start again summit from upstream (and with some
discussion with upstream), so to make think more generalized (for all
debconf) and cleaner schema.
[ - On deployment a reference from attendee_id to user_id was lost
  - bursaries info are in different table need_food are never in the
same table as need_accommodation
  - etc
]
Also penta had similar issues, but I think if we can restart from zero
(and using the positive experience and code of DC14) we could reduce the
work porting summit and scripts from one DC to the next one, possibly
coordinating with upstream. [and because the schema will be very
similar, we can also easily port the data from DC14 to the generic
version, if there is need, I can also port most of the info of penta to
summit schema]

Roles are still confusing (and not so much used). We need to improve
this, so to delegate more.

And IMHO we disclose too much information in schedule.

Note: I think these points are design discussions, I put the technical
bugs and missing parts in wiki

ciao
	cate