Re: Level of displaying sponsorship

also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2014.08.13.2259 +0200]:
> > Seriously, this is a bit about respect to speakers: if you get the
> > 10:00 o'clock slot on Thursday or Friday and only 20 people show up
> > because the rest is still in bed or getting breakfast, it kinda
> > sucks, right?
>
> Which is why we should start sessions from 11:00 on or so.

Realistically speaking, that just means people will stay up and
sleep in longer. And it means we have less time slots.

> But in general, I think this is a good idea, except it might be
> difficult to organize among the various talk rooms unless we decide to
> have a plenary every morning as first session.

Yes, that was my idea.

also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2014.08.13.2303 +0200]:
> Some kind of middle ground would be that we guarantee to/convice
> the sponsor that the Debian person addressing the crowd will
> mention the sponsor. That'd be Christian for C&W and the DPL for
> the conf dinner I guess.  Or if they refuse/forget, somebody from
> the organizers should jump in.

What's the difference between Christian saying a few words and the
sponsor saying a few words?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info