Re: [Debconf-team] registration metadata

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:07:25PM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> On 10.04.2014 21:58, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >> "Phone number"

> >> Phone type
> >> 	(multi-drop down)
> >>          mobile
> >>          secretary
> >>          work
> >>          private
> >>          dect
> >>          skype
> >>          fax
> >>          sip
> >> Phone number
> >> 	text field

> > I'm not aware if we've ever used this.  I suspect that we probably
> only need
> > one contact phone number per person.

> registration: did you ever used them?

I am not aware of ever needing to have used this contact information. For
emergency purposes, though, having a way to contact the attendee on the
phone is pretty important.

I think just a phone number field (broken into 2 fields, actually, with
country code and then phone number) is sufficient.

Nattie can correct me if I'm wrong (and she's monitoring this).

> >> "Emergency Contact"

> >> Name
> >> 	text field
> >> Way of contact
> >> 	text field

> > Should be retained

Absolutely agreed.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski