Re: [Debian-portland-soc] July Beering and DebConf Planning

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:12:06AM -0700, Matto Marjanovic wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 09:43:12AM -0700, Patty Langasek wrote:

> >>And... we need a logo.

> >>Calling all designers! We need to come up with a DC14 logo for our
> >>sponsorship brochures, for our DC14 talk next month, and for everything
> >>DC14-related. Each DebConf has had its own logo that has incorporated Debian
> >>in some capacity (swirl, lamp, whatever) with something unique to the host

> As a recent PDX transplant but longtime Debian user, I'd like to
> (try to) contribute something... so here is a logo concept I came
> up with.

Welcome! Please feel free to contribute anything, including a smiling face.
:) The Debian community is far more than just writing code, submitting
patches and flaming people on mailing lists.;)

> It's a bit rough, but if there is favorable interest I can develop
> it further.

I *really* like that concept. A lot. I think we should work on this - any
other opinions?

I *love* the swirl in the rose, and the mountain in the background and the
river and it's great!  If you're open to it, I have a couple of ideas to
fine-tune the details.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski