Re: DebConf14 status

Hi there,

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 03:03:11PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> What progress has there been on DebConf14 arrangements since the
> last status update?  If I remember, the last time I heard the
> bookings were about to be finalised, but I can't remember a clear
> message that that had happened.

We had a meeting with our university contact in May to discuss timelines and
contracts.  I haven't yet sent a summary of this meeting because my DebConf
time has been spent on DebConf 13 since then (bursaries team); I hope to
give more complete information soon.

The highlights are:

 - the university can't sign any contracts for next summer until October, so
   we will revisit this then; in the meantime we are on the calendar.
 - this month, Mark will be making available for us a demo instance of their
   conference portal, so we can evaluate whether it will meet our
   registration + integration needs.