Re: [Debconf-team] Why do we have two lists for debconf-team ?

Hello everyone,
Added: debconf-team@lists.debconf.org & admin@debconf.org
On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 11:02:20PM -0800, Matto Marjanovic wrote:
> On 11/03/13 17:16, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 09:45:58PM +0100, Raphaël Walther wrote:
> >>I don't think it is good for us to have two lists serving the same
> >>purpose.  I don't remember exactly what was the idea behind creating a
> >>separate list but I'd suggest to drop one of them.
> >
> >>Any thoughts ?
> >
> >The original motivation was to have a mailing list where we could begin
> >discussing DC14 planning while DC13 was still under way.  I think this is a
> >good idea in general.
> >
> >Now that DC13 is over, the focus on both lists will be DC14, so it may make
> >sense to have everyone on a single debconf-team list.  However, I have no
> >idea if everyone who's subscribed to debconf14-team has also subscribed to
> >debconf-team.  Furthermore, as we're going through DC14 organization, I'm
>
> I, one random dude in Portland, am not subscribed to debconf-team.
>
> I thought debconf14-team was "the mailing list for organizing DebConf14",
> and since I wanted to help out in some varying capacity, I subscribed to it.
> I didn't even notice debconf-team until a few days ago, and if there was any
> DebConf14-related content send exclusively to that list, I have missed it.
>
> Here is my suggestion:
>  * Mothball 'debconf-team' going forward --- maybe use for DebConfN<14
>    topics, but no longer for DebConf14.
>
>  * Use 'debconf14-team' for all DebConf14 related work.
>  * When it's time to start discussing DebConfXX in the future,
>    create the corresponding debconfXX-team list.
>  * Return to using 'debian-portland-soc' for announcing meetups at
>    the Lucky Lab and other social activities not related to DebConf14.
> W.r.t. the last point, the duplicate emails are annoying.  If one wants to
> attract DebConf14 participation from people subscribing to debian-portland-soc
> in the future (all 1 of them, maybe), then stick an advert in the welcome-
> -to-the-list message.

Well, my point of view is one team, one list :) (and keep the 10 years of archive)

There was a consensus in that meeting that migrating to lists.debian.org was the right things to do.
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2013/debconf-team.2013-05-23-18.02.log.html#l-676

After reading IRC log i am wondering what is the point of view of Ganneff on that migration ?

Is somebody working on migrating these lists with archive to lists.debian.org ?

Cheers,
Raphaël