Re: DC14 Day Trip Ideas

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 02:44:10PM -0700, Patty Langasek wrote:
> I have requested information from Timberline to get a quote on what a dinner
> for our group size could be (estimating 350ish), and have kinda glanced for
> tour groups for the gorge, and tried not to cry when I saw the prices per
> person. I don't think we'd need a *tour*, but I guess we'd also have to look
> up what we'd have to be responsible for if we just arranged a bunch of buses
> to wander around the Scenic Highway.

I think a guided tour is clearly not the thing to do here; providing
transportation on a bus is probably a lot cheaper than what we can secure
with an organized tour, yet give us everything we actually care about.  I
can't imagine what value a guided tour actually provides in the gorge over
just renting busses.

But certainly, +1 from me for the general idea of a trip up the gorge, if
the budget allows.  As Brian says, this does rate fairly low down the
priority list for a successful conference - there's a lot of other stuff we
can do as a day trip far more cheaply in town.  But by all means, I think
this is a good target for us to have, though we should consider fallbacks in
town.