Re: [DebConf 23] Guidance for remote speakers

Hi,

Em 01/08/2023 12:40, Santiago Ruano Rincón escreveu:
El 01/08/23 a las 13:12, stefanor@debian.org escribió:
Hi Lucas (2023.08.01_12:35:03_+0000)
I think it worked acceptably at DebConf 22. *But* it takes quite a bit
of time from core-video team people to get setup. So, if we're going to
support it, I think it would make sense to batch all the remote-speaker
events in a single room (as close to the video team HQ as possible) on
the same day.
That would be definitely doable. The only talk which will be fully remote is
the one proposed by Ben (mentioned above). The 2 others have in-person
speakers, so if we want we can ask them to present without the remote
co-speaker.
I don't know if it's on your list but the tech-ctte meeting will also
have most of the panel remote.

I advocate requiring pre-recording talks for remote presenters.
With a deadline during DebCamp to deliver recordings, so that they can
be checked and re-recorded/edited if necessary.
Sure, we can request that.
We also need a commitment from the content team to take the lead in
reviewing these recordings and working with the presenters.
Ideally one person can take the lead on this, I guess.
I think we can do it (for Ben's talk). I could take the lead, but I
don't have experience on this. I would need to know what it should be
taken into account/the requirements regarding the recording.

Thanks for offering help here Santiago! I think the info you need can be found here:

https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/advice_for_recording.html

--
Lucas Kanashiro