Re: [DebConf 23] Guidance for remote speakers

On 2023-07-29 10 h 37, Stefano Rivera wrote:
Hi Lucas (2023.07.28_23:52:04_+0000)

What do other video-team members think about that?

I won't be at DebConf this year, but on my side, I feel like we've tried remote presentations and they don't work.

We can manage the technical side (although it's a hassle...), but they just aren't interesting. People don't go to DebConf to sit in a room and watch someone on a screen.

The result is very low audience participation compared to other talks and an overall feeling of disengagement that isn't great for anyone.

I would thus urge the content team not to accept remote presentations, if not for the very exceptional occasion.

Cheers,

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau