Re: Prepare for more online participation?

Hi Wouter

On 2020/04/09 13:51, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:53:14AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> The plan is to bring a bunch of tools together and run an online
>> minidebconf[3] using these, putting them to the test and identifying
>> weak spots so that we can do it better again later in the year.
>
> Cool; but that wiki page currently has no date or details on the
> pre-event testing. What's happening there currently? Is something being
> planned, or is it still at a "something will happen if someone does
> something" stage?

It's past the "something will happen if someone does something" stage
but not yet at a stage where we can commit to a date (although I'm
tempted to say 'let it burn' and suggest that we should choose a date
and see what we can have ready by then).

There's been a lot of discussion on #minidebconf-online, probably a good
idea to join there. Kyle has been working on a new webrtc app called
BillowConf that's interesting, not sure if it would be ready for the
kind of timelines we'll be looking at, but also something you could
potentially help with: https://billowconf.gitlab.io/billowconf/

I'll set up an IRC meeting where we can figure out some critical paths,
it would be nice to at least have a date, be able to call for proposals,
etc.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage