Re: Video Team OnlineMiniConf/Testing Server

On 2020-09-28 04 h 46, Kyle Robbertze wrote:
> My thinking was purchasing one large server that would act as a
> hypervisor, with all services running as VMs on it.

I'm mostly concerned about this. Having a bare-metal machine lets us do
a lot of things, but also adds complexity to our system. Running an
hypervisor means more maintenance to keep things secure and I think we
could do without that.

If possible, I would prefer if we had VPSes.

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau