Re: DebConf19 expense: projector for main auditorium

I don't have any ethical problem with the solution proposed by the
DebConf19 local team. With my videoteam hat on, I'm also glad we'll have
a reliable projector :p

On 19-05-16 13 h 19, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:05:23PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> So, my question to SPI is whether they believe that donating the
>> projector is something Debian can legally do.
>
> Well, it doesn't need to be SPI. ICTL is already receiving the
> sponsorships from Brazilian companies directly, we could as well not
> involve SPI at all in this.

I don't really see why this is a problem at all. Even if the money goes
through SPI, it's not as if SPI was directly buying the projector for UTFPR.

SPI can buy it for the Debian project, and then the Debian project can
do whatever it wants with it.

As Hector puts it, we can 'forget' the projector there and never claim
it back if that really causes a legal problem.

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau