Re: historic m68k meeting video

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 05:14:07PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 12:49:32PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >
> > I guess that means that the audio codec used for the dv file can't be
> > used in a .wav container. I thought DV always used LPCM, but perhaps
> > that's my mistake.
>
> Ah, my bad. The capture from kino seems to be in a different format (mkv),
> with the dv capture everything seems to work.

Cool.

> Now which button do I press to reduce the audio noise? But the volume is much
> better already.

I'm afraid that's much more difficult to fix automatically. Obviously if
you turn up the volume, the background noise gets turned up, too. It is
possible to fix this with some audio filters if you know what you're
doing, but I'm not an expert in the matter. Maybe someone on the list
here does know how to do that?

I'll give it a few days; if nobody speaks up, I'll publish the talks on
video.debian.net as-is.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard