Re: [Debconf-video] Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Kyle Robbertze <krobbertze@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 - It removes sync issues. There are delays inherent in the analogue to
> digital conversion for both video and audio. When they are separate
> input streams, sync is not maintained and drift between the end result's
> audio and video can become noticeable.

I can't help but point out that syncing along with queue management
should ideally be done in the mixer, if possible; else, you will
always need to feed through that one external choke point.

This really is not meant to annoy the list, but Nageru.does this quite
intelligently[1], maintaining sync indefinitely.

Richard

[1] https://blog.sesse.net/blog/tech/2017-06-25-17-43_frame_queue_management_in_nageru_1_6_1