[Debconf-video] Black Magic Decklink cards (was Re: Camcorder tryout and purchase)

Is that the "DeckLink Mini Recorder" that Carl linked me to at https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-06 ?

It is worth considering the "DeckLink SDI 4K" (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-11) card. It has both SDI input and output and runs at 3Gb/s.

The reason I'm suggesting that you might want this card despite running voctomix at 720p60, is that 3Gb/s is how fast high speed transceivers on the Opsis run. Assuming we get the funding for the SDI project, this card should allow you to capture *both* HDMI inputs on the Opsis.

A DeckLink SDI 4k is the also the same cost as getting both a DeckLink Mini Monitor and a Decklink Mini Recorder together, but does 4k instead!

The last option to consider is the DeckLink Duo 2 which gives you up to 4 x bidirectional SDI connectors. It is quite a bit more expensive than the other two options but it would allow you to feed two cameras and an Opsis board into one machine.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell

On 19 June 2017 at 16:12, Kyle Robbertze <krobbertze@gmail.com> wrote:

On 19/06/2017 06:45, Tim Ansell wrote:
>     - 5 blackmagic cards (they carry them, might as well buy them in one go)
>

> Which version of the Black Magic Decklink cards are you looking at buying?

The single PCI HDMI+SDI capture version for SDI capture of the cameras